ECSA 2020 workshops, to be held on 14 and 15 of September (right before the main conference on 16-18 September), are to serve as collaborative forums for researchers to exchange and explore innovative software architecture (scientific or engineering) ideas and challenges at an early stage.
|Workshop Name||Submission Deadline||Website|
|7th Workshop on Software Architecture Erosion and Architectural Consistency (SAEroCon)||June 24, 2020||https://saerocon.wordpress.com/|
|6th International Workshop on Automotive System/Software Architectures (WASA)||June 24, 2020||https://www.win.tue.nl/wasa2020/|
|Joint CSE/QUDOS Workshop: 5th Workshop on Continuous Software Engineering and 6th International Workshop on Quality-Aware DevOps||June 24, 2020||http://2020.qudos-workshop.org https://cse2020.swc-rwth.de/|
|2nd International Workshop on the Social and Organizational Dimensions of Software Architecting (SODA)||June 24, 2020||https://sites.google.com/site/sodaworkshops|
|1st International Workshop on Model-Driven Engineering
for Software Architecture (MDE4SA)
|June 24, 2020||http://mde4sa2020.disim.univaq.it/|
|4th International Workshop on Engineering IoT Systems: Architectures, Services, Applications, and Platforms (IoT-ASAP)||June 24, 2020||https://iotasap.github.io/IoTASAP2020/|
|2nd International Workshop on Designing and Measuring CyberSecurity in Software Architectures (DeMeSSA)||June 24, 2020||https://demessa2020.wordpress.com/|
|4th Workshop on Formal Approaches for Advanced Computing Systems (FAACS)||June 24, 2020||https://faacs-workshop.github.io/2020/|
|2nd Workshop on Systems, Architectures, and Solutions for Industry 4.0 (SASI4)||June 24, 2020||http://events.disim.univaq.it/SASI4/|
|3rd Context-aware, Autonomous and Smart Architectures International Workshop (CASA)||June 24, 2020||https://casaecsa.github.io/casa2020/|
|3rd International Workshop on moDeling, vErification and Testing of dEpendable CriTical systems (DETECT)||June 24, 2020||https://detect.ensma.fr/2020|
Call For Workshops
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is a leading forum for presenting and discussing software architecture research and practice. ECSA 2020 workshops, to be held on 14 and 15 of September (right before the main conference on 16-18 September), are to serve as collaborative forums for researchers to exchange and explore innovative software architecture (scientific or engineering) ideas and challenges at an early stage. Topics of interests may include but not limited to:
- Software Architecture challenges for AI- and ML-based Systems
- Software Architecture challenges for Self-Adaptive Systems
- Software Architecture challenges for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Software Architecture challenges in Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Software Architecture challenges in IoT-based Systems
- Software Architecture challenges in DevOPS
- Software Architecture challenges in Blockchain Engineering
- Quality-of-service (QoS) measurements of Software Architectures
- Privacy and Security in Software Architectural Design
- Context-aware, Autonomous, and Smart Architectures
- Sustainability in Software Architectures
- Software Architecture Erosion and Architectural Consistency
All proposals must conform to the Springer CCIS Guidelines and must not exceed 8 pages, including references, appendices and figures. All proposals should be submitted before the submission deadline using the online submission site: EasyChair ECSA 2020 Workshops track.
IMPORTANT: “We are hopeful that the situation will improve and we will have a great conference in L’Aquila, Italy, on September 2020. Regardless of how COVID-19 will evolve, accepted contributions will be published by Springer. UnivAQ is ready to provide all speeches (onsite and distance) on live streaming”. (see Message from the ECSA 2020 General Chair at this page).
The proposal must include the following information, in the order specified:
- Workshop title
- Contact information for the workshop organizers (name, affiliation, email, web page) and the main contact person
- Abstract (less than 200 words), suited for the ECSA 2020 website
- Motivation and Objectives
- Relevance of the workshop to the field of software architectures.
- Anticipated goals and outcomes (e.g., open research problems to pursue, validation objectives, empirical studies).
- Workshop format (e.g., paper presentations, keynotes, breakout sessions, panel-like discussions) and plans for generating discussions.
- Intended length (1 or 2 days).
- Special services, logistic and/or equipment constraints.
- Target Audience
- Expected background of the workshop attendees.
- Plans regarding the mix of industry and research participation.
- Expected minimum and maximum number of workshop participants.
- Plans for soliciting and selecting workshop participants, including whether the workshop will be open or closed (preferably open).
- Types of contributions (e.g., extended abstracts, position papers, research papers, etc.) and their estimated number. The length of full workshop papers for the CCIS proceedings shall be between 12 and 14 pages.
- Review and evaluation process deciding about the acceptance of submissions.
- Program committee, including tentative and already committed members.
- Strategy for the proceedings.
- A brief description of each organizer’s background, including relevant past experience in organizing conferences and workshops.
- Organizers’ bios.
- Links to preliminary web sites of the workshop.
- Past Edition
- A brief history of the workshop (or mention that this is the first edition).
- Number of registered attendees and websites of previous editions of the workshop (if any)
- Draft Call for Paper (1 page)
For all accepted workshops, ECSA 2020 strongly recommends uniform deadlines for workshop papers submission, notification of authors, and camera-ready copies, as described in the Important Dates below. In particular, the camera-ready deadline is mandatory for those workshops that will opt for publication in the Springer Communications in Computer and Information Science volume (CCIS).
- Workshop proposals due: April 06, 2020
- Notification of Workshop proposals: April 20, 2020
- Workshops papers due: June 24, 2020
- Notification of papers: July 13, 2020
- Camera-ready: July 20, 2020
Note: All deadlines are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth).